Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Get a grip. Have some dignity.

The local papers in NYC ran a story about a nurse who was beaten in the bathroom by an enraged man who was upset that she refused to dance with him. As a guy the nature of our role
is we frequently get turned down for many reasons. This does not ever give one an excuse for violence, stalking or anything else.

The suspect was caught and hopefully justice will be served. However, this is NYC so expect a slap on the wrist.

In general when I was single, I had a rather clever way of weeding out the high maitenence types early. When asked I would promtly state I was a bus driver and this would get rid of snobs
early. One person found out about this trick and was very angry and confronted me. I pointed out that bus drivers in NYC earn more than social workers. Her actions told me right away that her personality and mine would clash. I did get a drink over the head for that remark, but it is better to get a drink over the head early than deal with a pain in the neck later.

6 comments:

Always On Watch said...

And the man's name was?

Just askin'.

Brooke said...

That's funny, Beak! :)

Good plan!

Ducky's here said...

Beak, what's the record for getting banned on GayEagle? I'm going to try for my forth.

SecondComingOfBast said...

The last time I was at Bad Eagle, Yeagley was saying mean things about Hitler. You must have had some kind of effect, Beak.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Never stick around long enough to figure out if a girl is high maintenance.

If she calls you back, she isn't. ;)

The_Editrix said...

"And the man's name was?

Just askin'."

Mbarek Lafrem. You may guess his religious affiliation.