Monday, September 03, 2007

The Beak returns home to Staten Island

Apparently news of my return is common knowledge in Staten Island. My parents are part of a smaller local community and I largely keep to myself. I never was a religious type so I seldom mix into community affairs or attend local gatherings.

I was surprised how many friends and neighbors were aware of my return. The community is much larger than when I left. I have brushed back several invitations to singles events. I preffer to live appart just beyond local concerns. It is harder for me to return home than attend a similar function in VT where I am just a drifter.

I burried my car in the driveway. It will not see much action for now. The next big trip is my trip to GA. I did want to take a trip across country. This will wait for now. I certainly do not want to do this in winter.

Tommorow is my first day at the NYC office. There will be several Vermonters arriving later.

Beamish in 08

4 comments:

The Merry Widow said...

Well, I guess you are a celebrity!
It's hard to be a closet hermit in the city, especially if your family is there. You tend to be absorbed into the group...unless you are a real pill, then you will be left alone!
Nah, wouldn't work, you can't pull off cranky hermit real well!

tmw

nanc said...

what's going on in brooklyn today? i saw on the news upon our return there was a shooting at the parade - the poopstain, perhaps?

nah - just wishful thinking on my part!

my file on him is growing - it will all be forwarded to the proper authorities. sure hope he keeps hanging himself like this...

*:]

beakerkin said...

I am across the river a world away from Brooklyn. Brown will be ratted out by his own. Commies will betray their own for a price and the price is fairly low.

nanc said...

i'll throw in a snickers bar...

hehehe...